Serving Our Community
St. Stephen's seeks to be the heart and hands of Christ to each other and in the world. God has called us to ministry in Aurora. To do this we partner with our neighbors to build a community that is safe, where hope lives.
These are the neighbors who are our partners in ministry:
St Mark's ELCA Lutheran - 111 Del Mar Circle
- Shared Youth and FamilyMinister - Kinna Nordstrom
- Hospitality meals for those in need on Wednesday evenings
- Weekly food pantry
- Social and worship events
Families Forward Resource Center
Families Forward offers weekly classes in Spanish that promote the empowerment of Hispanic women and their families. These classes are held at St Stephen's.
- Diabetes prevention
- Healthy cooking
- Nurturing parenting
- Zumbini for children
Food Bank of the Rockies (Totes for Hope) and Lyn Knoll Elementary
- Providing supplemental food for nearly 100 families each week
After School Program
- During the school year, St. Stephen's offers an After School program once a week.
- We are partnering with our neighbor, Parkview UCC.
Aurora Warms the Night
- Warm clothing and lodging assistance during the winter
- Lunches for the hot weather shelter during summer months
St. Clare’s Suppers
- Serving supper at St. Peter and St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Denver year round
Assistance for Sudan
- During Spring each year