Our Shared Life
Our life together, as the people of St. Stephen's, is centered in the modelling and teachings of Jesus Christ. Through him we have experienced God’s love in our lives. Because God first loved us we seek to love others. Our care for each other is expressed through our worship, fellowship, education, shared joys and struggles as well as ministry to others.
We are diverse in age, ethnic backgrounds, education, ideas and gifts. We are, like you--God’s children, imperfect and loved always.
Ways we share our life
- Worship is for all ages and our building is accessible for all abilities. Hearing assistance is available
- Open table: everyone is welcome to join us for communion
Ministries of caring
- Daughters of the King; a ministry of daily prayer for the needs of the members and anyone who needs prayer
- Eucharistic Visitors; a ministry of visitation after church to share communion with anyone who could not join us for worship that Sunday.
- Lay healing ministry; ministry of the laying on of hands offered each Sunday after communion
- Connect Link; rides for those who cannot drive to church or to the doctor etc
- Pastoral Visitation by clergy and lay people
Fellowship and fun ministries
- Gastromartyrs; a small group evening dinner ministry that promotes fellowship and getting to know others
- A broad variety of social events and celebrations throughout the year
- Summer camp for children and youth 4-16yrs for two weeks in July
Christian Education for all ages
Ministry in the community
- Serve in our many outreach ministries where we seek to be the heart and hands of Christ to each other and in the world.